DS18B20 Waterproof Temperature Sensor with Waterproof 1-Wire
This is a pre-wired and waterproofed (with heat shrink) version of a 1 Wire DS18B20-compatible sensor. These 1-wire digital temperature sensors are fairly precise (±0.5°C over much of the range) and can give up to 12 bits of precision from the onboard digital-to-analog converter. They work great with any microcontroller using a single digital pin, and you can even connect multiple ones to the same pin, each one has a unique 64-bit ID burned in at the factory to differentiate them. Usable with 3.0-5.0V systems.
The only downside is they use the Dallas 1-Wire protocol, which is somewhat complex, and requires a bunch of code to parse out the communication. If you want something really simple, and you have an analog input pin, the TMP36 is trivial to get going.
Not for use in salt water or other corrosive environments. These are not IP rated, and are not guaranteed for long term/high pressure usage.
- Stainless steel tube 6mm diameter by 30mm long
- Cable is 36″ long / 91cm, 4mm diameter
- Contains DS18B20-compatible temperature sensor
- If your sensor has four wires – Red connects to 3-5V, Black connects to ground and White is data. The copper wire is soldered to the wire shielding
- If your sensor has three wires – Red connects to 3-5V, Blue/Black connects to ground and Yellow/White is data
- Usable temperature range: -55 to 125°C (-67°F to +257°F)
- 9 to 12 bit selectable resolution
- Uses 1-Wire interface- requires only one digital pin for communication
- Unique 64 bit ID burned into chip
- Multiple sensors can share one pin
- ±0.5°C Accuracy from -10°C to +85°C
- Temperature-limit alarm system
- Usable with 3.0V to 5.5V power/data
Downloads: DS18B20 Waterproof Temperature Sensor