Micro:bit Go Kit v2.2
Micro:bit Go Kit v2.2 is a little computer designed to make learning to code fun and easy.
An outstanding choice for starting a Micro:bit project.
If you want to learn how to programme or want a fun tool to encourage kids to learn how to code, the BBC micro:bit v2 is perfect.The micro:bit Go box comes with everything you need to get started creating right away, including the micro:bit computer, a USB connector to connect to a PC, and a AAA battery holder with AAA batteries.
The micro:bit is a tiny, programmable computer developed by the BBC in collaboration with other companies to encourage young people to learn about electronics and programming in a fun and useful way.
Measuring just 4cm x 5cm, this single board computer has an impressive ARM Cortex m4 processor and 512KB of flash, making it a capable little device. The micro:bit comes in 4 colours and has various individually programmable inputs and outputs including a 5×5 LED matrix display, buttons, speakers and microphone.
It is compatible with a wide range of free online code editors.
- 1 x micro:bit v2 board – available in 4 colours red, yellow, green & blue (please note we cannot select the colour of the micro:bit you will receive)
- 1 x Quick start guide
- 1x micro USB Cable
- 1x Battery Holder
KEY FEATURES OF THE MICRO:BIT V2
- 25 LED matrix on the board where you can scroll messages or display numbers
- Accelerometer to detect movement or tilting
- Bluetooth connection to interact with the internet or other devices
- 2 user input buttons
- Micro USB connection to use with PC for programming
- Port for a battery pack
- ARM Cortex-M4 CPU
- Built-in speaker and microphone
- 20 pin edge connector along the bottom of the board
WHAT’S NEW WITH THE MICRO:BIT V2?
The micro:bit launched in 2016 and has been a huge success globally, completely transforming the way children learnt about computing digitally. All of the features everyone loves about the micro:bit have stayed whilst some new ones have been added. To note, the micro:bit v2 board is backwards compatible with other micro:bit boards, ecosystems and accessories.
We have highlighted some of the key differences between the board versions below:
- New built in-built speaker & microphone.
- Memory has increased by 700% from 16KB to128KB RAM and 256KB to 512KB flash which gives the device much more capability.
- The CPU can upgrad from a Cortex m0 at 16MHz to a Cortex m4 with a floating-point at 64MHz.
- The golden edge connectors have small indentations that allow much easier prototyping with crocodile clips that won’t keep falling off.
- The board can now provide 200mA to accessories, up from 90mA in the previous board version.
- the touch sensor to accompany the existing two buttons.
- working with machine learning and AI.
GETTING STARTED WITH THE MICRO:BIT
The micro: bit is super easy to use. only need PC or mobile device to programme it on.
- A micro:bit and battery pack with 2 x AAA batteries
- A computer, phone or tablet with internet access code editors to programme your micro:bit
- If you’re using a computer, a USB lead to connect your micro:bit